Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 tbsp. Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Dried Figs, finely chopped
- Sprinkle both sides of the defrosted chicken breasts with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil to the skillet to prevent the chicken from sticking. Cook for six minutes on each side.
- Once the chicken is finished, remove it from the skillet and add the onion to the skillet.
- Sauté the onion for three minutes, or until softened.
- Next, add the butter, broth, soy sauce, figs and balsamic vinegar to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for three minutes.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half diagonally and add them to the sauce then serve.
Nutrition Facts per Chicken Breast:
Total Fat 10.7g 16%
Saturated Fat 3.9g 19%
Cholesterol 73mg 24%
Sodium 449mg 19%
Potassium 231mg 7%
Total Carbohydrates 19.7g 7%
Dietary Fiber 3.3g 13%
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 4%