- Plan well in advance for pregnancy. Consult your doctor before getting pregnant. It is important to control your blood sugars well before getting pregnant.
- Monitor blood sugars on a daily basis.
- Eat healthy
- Take your pills and insulin as directed
- Moderate-intensity exercise for 30 min. at least 5 days a week
- Watch out for low blood sugars. If your blood sugars drop, eat something for quick recovery of your blood sugar like hard candy or glucose pills.
2. Gupta Y, Kalra B, Baruah MP, Singla R, Kalra S. Updated guidelines on
screening for gestational diabetes. Int J Womens Health. 2015 May 19;7:539-50.